- Name: Robert Pankowecki
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an experienced Ruby developer who had sucessfully deployed variety of Rails applications. I also worked on distributed applications using EventMachine and ZeromMQ. I love using open-source solutions on daily basis and contributed to number of them. My priority is to deliver applications meeting bussines requirements that are profoundly well tested.
I always try hard to share my knowledge with coworkers and learn from them as much as possible.
You can hire me as a contractor for a limited number of hours per week. I can develop as well as review code. Please contact me if you have any questions.
since May 2009
Old Road Studio, owner
Consulting, supporting and code reviewing web applications.
since November 2011
Ruby (on Rails) & CoffeeScript developer
Arkency, full time
Working on distributed, eventend, multi-threaded and multi-processes chatting application.
- Implementing business logic with asynchronous libraries
- Monitoring and fixing production server
- Consulting and documenting protcol used to communicate between server and mobile clients.
- Testing and implementing communication with external services for sending notifications (APNS, C2DM, SMS).
- Measuring business and technical metrics using collected, munin and Librato Metrics
Developing context-menu extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox that allowed to translate selected words using multiple dictionaries.
June 2010 - September 2011
Ruby on Rails developer
Gavdi Poland, full time
Developing from scratch a framework for creating HR applications based on Rails 3
- Implementing and testing business logic
- Managing staging server
- Managing environment for automatic testing and deploying applications
- Cooperating with external contractors to deliver clean and coherent layout
- Implementing extensions allowing to easier and faster translate application
- Extending ActiveRecord behavior with additional validations and callbacks
- Creating knowlede base about problems and their solutions provided by the framework
- Implementing widgets for managers and coworkers to quickly find tasks awaiting their actions
May 2009 - June 2010
Ruby on Rails developer
Developing TV platform application including protocols for communication with set-top-box devices, back-office panel, and customer area.
- Integration with Plug'n'Pay and Cenpos payment gateways
- Refactoring and developing modules:
- one-time and cyclic payments for subscriptions
- customer service
- Automatic and manual testing
- Performance optimalizations including SQL queries
- Supervising testing and staging environments
- System maintenance
- Training for new coworkers
- Analysis of apprentices' test results
November 2008 - April 2009
Ruby on Rails developer
open-source, full time
Creating open source, accounting application for managing home budget: Manage My Money as final university project
July 2007 - December 2008
Developing extensions for ERP applications such as CDN XL and Comarch Altum. Leader of team creating an application for calculating and sending German tax forms.
Introduction to Ruby
5-day long training for beginners. Included all major aspects of Ruby that are necessary to start working with it.
Testing classic Rails application with browser but also communication with external applications providing services for Rails app. Toolset: BBQ, Capybara, Test::Unit, XPath, Inbox and custom tools developed specifically for the customer.
Two-day long course showing benefits of using unit testing to build more modularized and better designed software.
- Ruby on Rails Advanced Ruby, Rails, Metaprogramming, external libraries, deployment, monitoring.
- ZeroMQ . Creating distributed applications that communicate via ZMQ messages. Acceptance testing of multi-process software. (ffi-rzmq, em-zeromq)
- Event Machine . Asynchronous evented programming with fibers for marking synchronicity. Testing of such software. (em, em-synchrony, em-mongo, em-zeromq, em-c2dm, em-apns, em-bulksms, em-clickatell, em-toadhopper, em-jsonrpc, goliath)
- Testing Advanced BBQ, Test::Unit, Shoulda, Mocha, Capybara, Hudson
- Databases . Mysql, Postgresql, Mongodb, Memcache, MSSQL, XPath
- Frontend Beginner (X)HTML, CSS, Gimp
- Deployment & server mangement Extensive experience Linux, Capistrano, Webistrano, Bundler
- Git Moderate experience
Rails best practices
Rails best practices was created by Gregg Pollack, a member of Envy Labs. Fat Model / Skinny Controller pattern; effective use of scoping and filter; nested attributes; using models without any database attached to them; using effective REST; Presenters; Memoization; and the Rails 3 Responder Syntax; database indexes; protecting attributes from hackers; callbacks; custom validators; db queries optimalization; using a complex counter cache; advanced helper methods; block helpers; using yield.
2004 - 2009
Adama Mickiewicza University
Master of mathematics and computer science.
Specialization: software engineering.
Master thesis: Developing and deploying web applications with Ruby on Rails [PL]